Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Patriotic Story: My Hassle



My Hassle

            “Andy…. Anna…. Come here!”, said Mom. “Yes… Mom. I’m coming”, answer Andy and Anna from their room. “What is it, Mom?”, said Anna. “For this Raya, we will go my hometown in Medan and what do you think?”, asked Mom. “O… it’s great I love too”, answer Andy. “Yeah… Me too, Mom. It’s been too long we aren’t met our grandpa”, said Anna. “So let’s packing”, said Dad.

            In the next day, “Okay guys, are you ready?!”said Dad. “I’m ready!!!”, answer Andy, Anna and Mom jointly. “Let’s go!” said Dad energetically. During their trip, Mom said something, “Did you know this Raya, we will celebrate two independence day?”, asked Mom. “Oh… Really? What is it Mom?”asked Andy. “Firstly, Raya Idul Fitri and second is our independence day of our country 68th “ answer Mom. “And this year bring a lot of memory to your grandpa” said Dad. “Why?” asked Anna. “Because your grandpa was army in the his time” answer Dad while  driving the car. “Wow… you are never said this before, Dad”, said Andy. “You are also never asking about grandpa”, answered Dad. “And you must be proud have grandpa is former army, and if we arrive you can ask to your grandpa, what is his experience as army”, said Mom. “We will asking him”, answered Andy. “If you want ask him about his experience after Raya, for this time he is maybe busy to prepare for welcome us”, said Dad. “Okay Boss!!” answered Andy and Anna jointly. 
            “Their so excited to meet their grandpa” said Dad. “Yeah… me too”, answered Mom span street yarns and while their child are sleeping. Recitation of Raya laudation is engage alongside each mosques. Sunshine was rising in the Raya morning and unwittingly their trip is almost arrive to grandpa’s home. “Andy ….! Anna….! Get up honey…!” said Mom. “We just arrive in front your grandpa’s house” said Dad while switching off engine car. And grandpa receiving with open arms, “Where is my grandchild’s?”, said grandpa. “Assalamualaikum… grandpa”, said Andy and Anna jointly and shake hand to their grandpa. “Waalaikumsallam, my beloved grand child’s”, answered grandpa. “How are you lately, Dad?”, asked Mom to her father in law. “Alhamdulilah, I’m fine and how is your trip?”, asked Grandpa. “Not bad but I’m tired… Oh I’m almost forget, Happy Idul Fitri please forgive me, if my words impolite and rude to you”, said Dad and shake hand to his Dad. “Me… too”, said Mom. “Alright I’m also forgive you”, answered Grandpa with fill with tears. “Let’s go inside”, said grandpa again.
            After finish to pray Shalat Idul Fitri and sit in the living room with whole family. Suddenly, “You are asking! No, you are asking..! But you are really want to asking?!” arguing between Andy and Anna. “What’s wrong with both of you?!” asked Grandpa. “Actually, they are want to know what is your experience as former army” said Mom. And Grandpa just look his grandchild and smile, then he is walk to bookcase and take some book, and the book is Photo Album, which is a lot of photo’s Grandpa as army. And, “Anna… Andy coming here! Grandpa want to tell you something about my experience as former army” said Grandpa. And Anna and Andy come close to their Grandpa. And Grandpa start in to tell his experience.
            In the 1944, Grandpa was teenager and a lot of ambition to reach but unfortunately at the time our country still conquer by Japan for third half century was conquest this country. So my ambition can’t to reach and joined as soldier. A lot of my friends already as soldier to defend our country. Secretly, we are practice as soldier in the jungle. But Japanese soldier already knows what we are doing in the jungle. Our barracks and armament  was burnt by Japanese soldier, and My friends and I are must to shift about. Discursively, Japanese soldier wasn’t knew our new plan to chase away them out from this country.
            In the midnight, Grandpa just got some letter from my friends to met our a new barracks. Until there, my friends got some plan to kill the Japanese soldier in the Unit 5. So, we are just prepare our stuff such as gun, rifle, bamboo gun and some of poison. And night getting lately, my friends and I were walked silently to the Unit 5, which is in the Unit 5 has 10 Japanese soldier, some of them was sleeping and some of them was secure their area. My friends and I were planed to attack from back  or ambush. From Japanese’s barrack, My friends and I were amount only 5 person including Grandpa in the back position. And the rest in front Japanese’s barrack. With waiting the sign, some of us prepare to put poison in  the handkerchief.
            “So, what happen next, Grandpa?” said Anna. “Grandpa still in position and after our commander gave the signal, and my friends and I continue with what was command” answered Grandpa. After that Grandpa continue to tell his experience. After we are finish our duty, we are continue for next plan. In the day, we are just doing like usually daily routine. And for the night, we prepare to attack the next Japanese’s barrack. Cause our attack for the Unit 5, make Japanese commander gave command to their Japanese soldier to stretching a secure their area. But our planed still in position and we decide to continue the planed.
            Midnight getting lately, we were went to the Unit 6. Until in the Unit 6, from the bush we were saw a lot of Japanese soldier were stepped-up. When we compare our troops then their soldier, Grandpa felt we will inferior to Japanese soldier. But my friends and I were continue our planed and our strategy still same ambush from the back. Only 5 of us in the back position and attack with give some poison and killed by bamboo gun and the front position killed by gun. But we almost be under arrest by Japanese soldier, fortunately our commander have some back up plan, which is made some laying an ambush. But Grandpa finally arrested by Japanese soldier and bring Grandpa to their barrack. “What….! You  are arrested, Grandpa?” said Andy and Anna  shock jointly. “What they were do to you?” asked Mom. “They were torture me with pull out my fingernail” answered Grandpa. “Auch….!”said Anna. Their torturing to me for to get information our mission. But I’m still keep the secret about our mission.
            During Grandpa got torture by Japanese soldier, my friends try to save with threw the hand grenade. Cause that my friends found and save me from torture room. Because of the torturing, Grandpa must to get medicine to heal my injury. And my Commander give some command to me to take a rest, but I don’t want it and my Commander still force me to take a rest and I must to accepted.
            “How about Mom? Where is you met her?”asked Dad to Grandpa, and Grandpa just give some response with smile, and “I met your Mom, your Grandma in the hospital, at the time she is a nurse”, answered Grandpa. “So sweet… !!!”, said Anna and Mom jointly. “And she is kept in good health of me during Grandpa still injured” said Grandpa. Then Grandpa look his wrist watch and “Anna… and Andy… go to sleep, next time I will continue to tell my experience” said Grandpa. “Oooooo…….!”sigh Andy and Anna. “Yeah… it’s bedtime!” said Mom. Unwittingly, the time getting late while hearing grandpa told his experience.
            In the next morning, “Where is Grandpa?!”said Anna, “He is in the warehouse”, said Dad. “Thank you, Dad!”said Anna and Andy while go to warehouse. And Dad give some response with a shake of the head. Until in the warehouse, Anna and Andy found their Grandpa is wiping the bamboo gun already full of web of spider. “Assalamualaikum Grandpa!”said Andy, “Waalaikumsalam, my beloved grandchild, come in please!”, answered Grandpa. “What are you doing?”asked Anna, “What is it, Grandpa?”, also asked Andy. “Oh.. that is bamboo gun, which is gun to against Japanese soldier” answered Grandpa. “Grandpa… can you continue your experience, I mean… your love story with our grandpa, please?”persuade Anna while hold Grandpa’s hand. And Grandpa continue his experience.
            Our love story was interweave during I’m still in the hospital and after I recover from my injured but we still continue our relationship. But then, our planed to against conquest still work on during Grandpa in the hospital, my friends and commander were continue our plan and now according their plan this night we will attack in the Unit 8, which is Japanese soldier were getting frightened because aggression attack with large scale with the whole Indonesia planed to against to Japanese soldier.
            Like the previously our ambush mission planed in the midnight, we were went to the Unit 8 and attack there. Fortunately, we wont this battle. At the date August 17th 1945, we were got our freedom, and Grandpa felt so proud and gratefully to join this aggression. And after few week, Grandma and I were married. The end. Suddenly Andy and Anna give some applause to their Grandpa. “So for the next generation especially both of you, my beloved grandchild be proud to our own freedom and thankfully to our patriots have defend our country from conqueror. And continue their hassle to the future, maybe your hassle is different with what Grandpa did. And additionally appreciate our patriots hassle” said Grandpa. “We love you, Grandpa”, answered Anna and Andy jointly. Patriotic Story: My Hassle

No comments:

Post a Comment